Thursday, July 16, 2009

Schedules and Crazy






Schedules why do I make them and think that they are going to go as planned. As this is the 3rd schedule that I have made and you take the time and patients into getting it just right. Then put it on your internet calendar to text you the daily run but hey I am yet to follow it. Either doing more than planned or making up a weekend day during the week is possible. Having only a 3 and 3 ½ hr long run so far those I can still do one of those during the week. But at one point trying to get that done will be getting harder to do. Like last night was to be part of another make up type of day but didn’t happen at all. I get worried about the ultra race those times of missing days but then I won’t be happy I missed my goal time. But it will be just as a thrill to see how close to crawling and or …. That’s the fun part.

I’ve been told that I’m crazy running in the weather we have been having in the high 90’s and low 100’s to awesome thunderstorms and for as long as I do. I say though how can I be ready for everything if I don’t train in anything. I do not believe in DNF’s unless the RD, ranger or sheriff pulls you off the course even when you’re hiding out trying not to be found to finish. I always say “There are only 2 finish lines in a race no quitting lines. Only one finish line is just a little more permanent.”  And I don’t plan on the optional line only the first!



No comments: