Thursday, April 22, 2010

Staring into the eyes of Tank!

Well yesterday 4/17 was memorable run. I had a 3 hr run for today and had planned to get as many of the new found hills in as I could. Being saterday we got the house cleaned up for the wife and everything had been done while she organizing prom. I headed out and stopped off to help put a little stuff away for her and away I went on my usual route as of late no big deal or so I thought.
I went north and up to 70th and west to the dike road. Then north again I thought at 60th I'd go back to Ohio and come back across those hills and up Foulton around to buffalo and back home. But then I turned east on 60th and a few hundred feet later I had been in the air. I came down on my hands and right knee an rolled came up and looked right into the eyes of a rottie named (Tank). At that time I thought I was lunch and yelled at the house a few choice words in which I found no one heard. 2 kids thankfully came from the house on the south side of the road and called his name an distracted him from me but he still kept trying to come back to his orginal objective. We got up to the house an the lady was so apologetic and also came to find out I knew them. Which saved that dog from being called on. Not one of my brightest. I did though get 18.5 done in 2:54:00. But because when I got home and just wanted to tell and ask the wife if it would create problems at her work. My daughter came out but I telling her to go in that I wanted to talk to her mom only I was being an ass and by the end of that discussion I am to chalk it up to a dumb ass runner going down the road and those things will happen.
Sunday I took off and Monday was a 12 miler an tues 10 miles. Wednesday I did 27 miles on the bike an thurs 20 on the bike. I couldn't even run down the road the right leg calve hurts like a stake is being driven though it everytime I come down on it running. I now am wrapping it at work an trying to massage it and keep it elevated. I now only have tenetive long runs this weekend. It just started to fall into place before that damned dog!!


- Posted using BlogPress

No comments: