Friday, October 2, 2009

During taper

Does it seem that there are more aches and pains during taper or what and it’s just started? Or is it just in the head that its come down to the end and either you have it all done and your good, something blows up and your done being to careful or and you just didn’t get it all down right to make the goal. All the questions that are floating around in your head and all the answers that won’t be given till 10/10. Last year I had that reason to prove it to someone this year, I don’t know. This year was to break 9 hrs, then to just walk / jog it or be happy just to finish and or being under 10 hours to qualify for a 100 miler. I still don’t know which will happen yet. I hope this is the just the taper depression.

The left leg is good one day and questionable on another anymore. The Achilles and the nerve are just not cooperating very well. The friend I conned into doing this race blew up his knee in a Tri and says he’ll be lucky to make it to the turnaround. It is beginning to be not the very best end of the year run. I have not felt so sore 2 weeks and so many aches even from the last 2 races.

The last 2 races I’ve gone all out for 3 to 4 days 3 weeks out and didn’t do that this time to see if it worked better and now not so sure that was a great idea. Well see the only thing different is the great deal of stretching I’ve been doing with the yoga. There I do feel a lot better. But the legs just feel more tired and good sore.

A link to the race: http://www.upinthere.com/movies/heartland.htm

No comments: